Product: Data Products
Platform: All Win32 Platforms
Category: All Street Data
MapInfo Seamless Builder
What is the MapInfo Seamless Builder?
Note: The attached file is updated and includes support for all current and previous street data releases as of 8/15/2001. Products listed below are correct.
MapInfo Seamless Builder (MSB) is a new tool that will ship with StreetPro 2.2 that can build seamless maps. It can be made available to anyone who is attempting to build seamless maps for supported, previously released street products.
Supported products include:
- StreetPro (Display and EAL) 1.2 - 4.1 (including state and county tiled StreetPro Display 3.0 - 4.1)
- StreetPro Canada 4 (including both CD and Province tile)
- StreetWorks Version 6 (Display and EAL)
- StreetWorks Version 5
- StreetWorks Version 3/4
- StreetInfo Version 5
- StreetInfo Version 4
- MapMarker Streets (All)
- MapMarker Plus Streets (All)
What is MSB? MSB is a stand-alone seamless builder application that can build seamless maps for a product. MapInfo Seamless Builder solves the following problems:
1. Building seamless tables for users who do not have MapInfo Professional.
2. Building seamless tables for large amounts of data (MapInfo Professional will not recognize data after the ~2000th directory it looks in - bad news for the 3000 county U.S.)
3. Users who do not have MapBasic to create their seamless building applications find SeamMgr.mbx unmanageable.
Using MapInfo Seamless Builder
1. Pick a street product
2. Pick a location that is the logical root of the data (i.e. under which all of the data lies) [this can be a UNC or mapped path - unfortunately not relative path at this time]
3. Pick a directory to put the new seamless maps
4. Pick a prefix or base file name for the seamless maps
1. There is no mechanism at this time to reset the default zoom and default x/y of the seamless map (currently the default is centered in the midwest. somewhere when new tabs get built). A user might build seamless maps for only a couple of states, open them up and see nothing. This is no cause to panic. The 'pointed to' data simply lies outside the default zoom.
2. MSB will build seamless layers for all layers in a product. There is no mechanism to choose to only build a seamless layer for StreetPro 1.4 D layer for example.
3. This version is Y2K compliant.
Last Modified: 08/21/2001 12:05:56 PM