Product: MapInfo Professional
Platform: Citrix; Windows 2003 Server Enterprise; Windows XP Home; Windows XP Home SP1A; Windows XP Home SP2; Windows XP Professional; Windows XP Professional 64 - 32 Bit Mode; Windows XP Professional SP 1A; Windows XP Professional SP 2; Windows 2000 Professional SP4
Category: Thematic Mapping
Saving a Theme to a Table (MapInfo Professional v8.5).
Saving a theme to a table (MapInfo Professional v8.5).
Sometimes when you create a theme for a map, you want it to display every time you open that map. You can now accomplish this by saving the theme data to the .TAB file directly. This feature is available for Range and Individual Value Thematic maps only. To save a theme to a .TAB file, begin by setting up the preference for it. Then you can choose to add the theme to the metadata for individual .TAB files as you create them.
To set this preference:
1. From the Options menu, select Map Window to display the Map Window Preferences dialog box.
2. When you select the Automatically Open Default Theme check box, you can save the theme to the table’s metadata. This check box is cleared by default to ensure backwards compatibility.
3. Click OK to save this preference.
To ensure that this behavior occurs on a particular .TAB file:
1. Open a map file and create a range or individual value theme for it using the Map > Create Thematic Map options.
2. When you display the Create Thematic Map Step 3 of 3 dialog box, select the Save Theme As Default View check box to save the theme you have created to the metadata. Click OK.
Note: If the table you are creating a theme for is read-only, the default theme feature is disabled.
Note: To remove the default view from the .TAB file, return to the Create Thematic Map Step 3 of 3 dialog box and select the Remove Default Theme View check box.
Note: These thematic options also display on the Modify Thematic Map dialog box.
3. Close the .TAB file and reopen it to display it with the theme automatically.
Figure: World Population over 65.